Analytics

Friday, March 18, 2011

LOST: One Stuffed Lion with attached Pacifier


My, what big feet you have.


Elle and I went to do a little shopping yesterday evening. I had been really struggling with not being able to get back into my pre-pregnancy jeans (because everyone told me how easy it would be) and have been really watching what I've been eating and hitting the gym. Matt told me he was surprised I would risk my health (wasn't really, but whatever) to save $100 to not buy new jeans. Check mate.

So, the search began. We went to Target in Fayetteville and I found 2 pairs of jeans on clearance for $6.24. God provides, no matter how small. Then we went to Kohls for some denim capris. I found 2 pairs, plus a few other things and got to use my 20% coupon a day early (thanks store manager Melissa). Some where in the store, Elle through her pacifier out of the stroller. I called the store this morning and no one had turned it in. I'll check back. We made it through 7 1/2 months with out losing something. I think that's pretty good, I was sure it would have happened before now.

We have two of the WubbaNub pacifiers, the other is a giraffe. Her diaper had leaked the night before in the crib and I wanted to make sure the giraffe had a date with the washing machine before she got him back...so bedtime, no WubbaNub, uh oh. A single pacifier in the crib wasn't working well, so we ended up cutting one of the stuffed animals off her Jumperoo and Matt sewed a pacifier to it. Turned out pretty well, she went right to sleep after that.

I'm hoping Lion will turn up at Kohl's and I can go pick him up.

She has really been interested in the tags on things like the boppy and stuffed animals. We have a taggie blanket that was given to us as a gift, but it's just a little too big to be a toy, so today we made these:






I made the white one first. and the ribbons are a little too long. The brown one turned out much better. At least she has something else to chew on.

3 comments:

  1. Violet loved tags too. Your blankets look much nicer than my sad attempts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the comment "so we ended up cutting one of the stuffed animals off her Jumperoo and Matt sewed a pacifier to it". Would have loved to have been there to witness that. You at least owe us a picture of the Frankenstein WubbaNub :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, It turned out pretty well, I'm just too cheap to buy another one. He did most of the sewing since the plastic was difficult to get the needle through. I'll get a picture posted of it.

    ReplyDelete