Analytics

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"Call me old fashioned but the man should earn the money" Mary Jo Shively

I'm tempted to watch Our America on the Oprah Winfrey Network, but I think I'll continue to hold out. Also, I'm watching a show from two weeks ago that we recorded so the show I was interested in isn't on tonight. It was Our America with Lisa Ling and the topic was Mail Order Brides.

Are American men fed up with the feminist movement and are no longer wanting wives in suits while they are paying someone else to raise the kids? Maybe. Are American men no longer finding women with manners? Possibly. Among many other things.

I am currently reading Bring Up Girls by Dr. James Dobson, and it is terrifying me. Our girls growing up way to fast, thanks, Abercrombie and Fitch for the push-up tri angle bikini top for 7 year olds, and women today are brought up to be completely different than in the past. Activists are teaching girls to be more like men...agressive, tough, unemotional and tomboyish.

Manners in a women. Forget it. Eating and talking with food in your mouth, yep, seen that one, guilty myself, on occasion. The lack of thank yous, whether hand written and mailed, said verbally or even emailed, yep, seen that recently too. (One I need to get written to to Elle's Godparents for her new headbands. Thank you, we really love them, and have already worn them several times. We didn't realize how much she "needed" a plain white one!) I realize that we are all busy, but too busy to thank someone when they went out of their way for us? I worked for a very unpleasant women who has opened a charm and manners school, at first, I thought it was a stupid idea, but looking at things from a different perspective of how much I need to teach Elle to be proper and appropriate, I wish I had thought of it myself.

Here's the link to the news segment on the bikinis. I can't imagine why there are so many pedophiles known in today's society. Could it be because our little girls are no longer dressing like little girls? The young girls dancing in the video just baffles me. I can't believe that any parent would allow their child to do that.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/push-bikini-young-girls-abercrombie-fitch-markets-little-business-13231892

Or what about this one for toddlers...it won't even cover their diaper!


In our house, we believe that most of the "raising" of the children is done during the day, between the hours of 8am and 5pm. This is the time when the kids are awake and the time that the parent gets to teach them everything. I only get her for a little while and want to teach her as many good things as I can. We're so thankful that our days aren't rushed, I no longer have to be at work by 7am, which would only leave a few hours each night for us to spend with her...minus cooking dinner, cleaning the house and doing laundry, of course. Instead, our days are filled with playing in the floor, hanging out in the jumperoo or exersaucer, running errands but still doing laundry, it can't wait, but the rest of the house work sure can.

No comments:

Post a Comment