Analytics

Friday, September 16, 2011

Pinterest is my new addiction

Since the last post, I've joined the Pinterest community, which does suck up a good portion of my day, just a few minutes at a time. I have gotten some really good ideas and made a few things. The first, a chalkboard make out of a platter for the kitchen. I found the platter at a garage sale for $1 and my mom had the chalkboard paint that she had bought at a garage sale for $.25, pretty cheap project...I ended up just free handing the painting, since painters tape doesn't seem to actually work.

For my next trick, I bought a 3XL fushia t-shirt on clearance at Walmart for $3. I had bought Elle this striped tee for $1.75 at Target but it needed something girly...since everyone thinks she's a boy...not that it matters, she could be wearing a shirt that said "I'm a girl" and everyone would still ask me how old HE is....but back to the story....


Shirt before



Shirt after with added yo-yo's, and a matching headband.


And if this photo were rotated, you would see that it is ruffled scarf that I made out of the same shirt. So, for $3 we did pretty good. Watch for my next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment