Analytics

Monday, January 9, 2012

The best time to be treated in the ER.

According to the sign on the interstate, Friday night, you could be treated in the ER at Northwest in Bentonville faster than you could get a pizza. We tried ordering a pizza from Bariola's...they hung up on us...twice. We tried Domino's in Lowell, it would take 40 minutes. I decided I wasn't going to wait 40 minutes for a Domino's pizza so Matt called them back to cancel and they couldn't find our order. Probably for the best anyway, if I had shown up and they couldn't find our pizza I may have gone "Julia Sugarbaker" on someone. The good news is this Razorbacks won the Cotton Bowl that night.

We don't understand the facination so many people have with sports. In our house, we watch things like the History Channel, and listen to PodCasts from Stuff You Should Know (I really like Josh and Chuck) How did I know I was going to marry Matt? He had no interest in sports. That was it for me, we could have gone to the courhouse that very day.

We were watching the movie Real Genius the other day. Val Kilmer has a line "When you're smart, people need you." There will not be another Steve Jobs or Albert Einstein. There will always be another quarterback on the bench waiting to take your spot.

I can hear people now, they are saying "but sports teach teamwork." You know what else teaches teamwork? Being on a team at MIT and producing a vacuuming robot. And when the game is over, you have a vacuuming robot. That's what I call teamwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment